- Club / Team
- Phoenix: Korea
- Famous relatives
- Her father was a baseball player at university level. (news.chosun.com, 07 Mar 2017)
- Why this sport?
- Her mother suggested figure skating to her, but she found ice hockey more interesting after watching some boys playing the sport. "I like wild sports."
- Name of coach
- Sarah Murray, CAN
- Preferred position / style / stance / technique
- Shoots left
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began the sport at age 10. She quit the sport after graduating from university before returning to the sport in 2015.
- Competing for
- World Championships
- Gangneung, KOR
- Athlete, Student
- English, Korean
- Other information
- FAMILY BACKGROUND
She was born to a US father and a Korean mother, who moved to the United States of America in the 1980s. She received an offer to join the Korean ice hockey team in 2015. She was granted Korean citizenship in 2017. (yonhapnews.co.kr, 07 Apr 2017; news1.kr, 23 Jul 2017; news.sbs.co.kr, 01 Sep 2015)
She completed a bachelor of arts degree in human evolutionary biology at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA, United States of America. She then started her PhD in evolutionary anthropology at Duke University in Durham, NC, United States of America. She took a gap year in order to focus on training ahead of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. (Linkedin profile, 2017; yonhapnews.co.kr, 07 Apr 2017)