After once again finishing just short of an Olympic medal at the Summer Games, the world champion track hurdler joined the U.S. bobsled team as a brakeman ahead of the 2012-13 season. She won silver in her first World Cup event in Lake Placid in the fall of 2012 before registering two more top 10 finishes in the World Cup bobsled season. This season Jones won another silver World Cup medal (this time in Park City) and was named to the U.S. team. She will push for USA-3 pilot Jazmine Fenlator.
- 2013 Park City World Cup - Silver
- 2012 Lake Placid World Cup - Silver
- 2012 London Olympics - Fourth (hurdles)
- 2008 Beijing Olympics - Seventh (hurdles)
Things to know:
1. Jones has been putting on weight so that she can become a stronger push athlete. She reportedly was eating 9,000 calories a day this past fall.
2. A medal favorite in the women's 100m hurdles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Jones approached the finish line in the lead, but clipped the penultimate hurdle and fell behind, finishing in seventh place.