China's Fan Kexin is a 500m specialist and has had impressive results in a relatively short career. Kexin finished second in the overall World Cup standings for the 500m for the 2014 season and finished fourth in the overall standings for all skaters. She has yet to compete in an Olympics, but at 20 years old has four World Cup first place finishes in the 500m and was the 2012 World Champion in the distance. She is also a part of China's relay team that finished first in the overall World Cup standings and World Championships every year since 2011, except for the 2014 World Cup standings.
- 2014 World Cup- second in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2013 World Cup- third in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2013 World Championships- third in the 500m
- 2012 World Championships- first in the 500m
- 2011 World Championships- first in the 500m
Things to know:
1. Struggled with iron deficiency in 2008.
2. Set her personal record for the 500m in 2013.