Long one of women’s slopestyle’s top young riders, Norendal has taken a big leap forward over the past 12 months, defeating one of her idols, Sochi favorite Jamie Anderson of the U.S., in last year’s European X Games and this year’s X Games. The 20-year-old from Kongsberg is one of the few women who could mount a challenge to Anderson in Sochi.
- 2014 X Games Aspen (slopestyle) - 1st
- 2013 X Games Tignes (slopestyle) - 1st
- 2013 Dew Tour, Breckenridge (slopestyle) - 3rd
Things to Know:
- Norendal is from Kongsberg, a small town located about an hour southwest of Oslo, Norway.
- She started riding at age four.
- She grew up idolizing Jamie Anderson and Norwegian great Kjersti Buaas, who won halfpipe bronze in Torino.