The Russian veteran is an ambassador for the Sochi Games, and will look to add to his medal collection that includes a bronze from the two-man event in Vancouver after placing off the podium in Torino and Salt Lake. Zubkov also could be a factor in the four-man, where he was a silver medalist in Torino in 2006 and recently won the silver medal again at the 2013 World Championships. Zubkov competed in Nagano, as well, placing 13th in the luge singles competition.
- 2013 World Championships - Silver (four-man)
- 2011 World Championships - Gold (two-man)
- 2010 Olympic Games - Bronze (two-man)
- 2006 Olympic Games - Silver (four-man)
Things to know:
1. He briefly retired after the Vancouver Games because of disagreements with the Russian bobsled federation. He returned a few months later.
2. Zubkov carried the Russian flag during the Sochi Opening Ceremony.