With expectations heaped on his 19-year-old shoulders, Chan came up short at the Vancouver Olympics, placing fifth after winning silver at the 2009 World Championships. But since then the Canadian has mostly dominated on the international scene, winning the last three World Championships leading up to Sochi. The reigning and six-time Canadian national champion, now 23, has landed on the medal stand of every international competition he's skated in since Vancouver, as well.
- 2014 Sochi Olympics - Silver
- 2008-2014 Canadian National Championships - Gold
- 2013 Grand Prix Final - Silver
- 2011-2013 World Championships - Gold
- 2010 Olympic Games - Fifth
- 2010 World Championships - Silver
- 2009 World Championships - Silver
Things to know:
1. At the 2010 Vancouver Games, Chan reached out to countryman and hockey star Sidney Crosby for advice on how to handle the Olympic pressure.
2. Off the ice, Patrick likes to mix up his training routine, playing basketball and hockey, practicing yoga and doing plyometric exercises with a personal trainer.
3. A Canadian with parents who were born in China, Chan speaks English, French and Cantonese, though his French is better than his Cantonese, he says.