After having spent her childhood under the sun in Guadeloupe, Anais Caradeux and her family took the rather large step of moving to France. This is where Caradeux got her taste for winter sports after experimenting with ice skating. It wasn't until 2004 that Caradeux finally got a taste for the world of freestyle skiing with Le Club des Sports in La Clusaz who have supported her right from the beginning and still do. Today, Caradeux still holds, and defends rigorously her title as the French Champion - a title that she has held since 2005. For the last two seasons, Caradeux has taken to the international circuit where she is gradually making her place in the limelight. She is ranked 5th by the AFP and 3rd in the FIS standings.
- 2013 World Cup, Copper Mountain, CO - 6th
- 2013 The North Face New Zealand Freeski Open - 1st
- 2013 Euro Winter X Games - Silver
- 2013 World Championships - 2nd
- 2013 SFR Tour - 1st
- 2013 World Cup, Sochi, Russia - 6th
Things To Know:
1. Caradeux's favorite mountain is Breckenridge.
2. She is always trying to create new opportunities to increase awareness of female freeskiers, most notably with her event “Chicks do it too” where the 13 best female riders in the world meet in La Clusaz for a "Girlie Weekend" of fashion, photos, lifestyle and some big air."
3. Was inspired to start skiing after watching fellow Frenchman and freeski phenom Candide Thovex.