The 2012 world junior champion had a strong season in 2012-13, winning two World Cup medals and finishing fourth overall. Her 2013-14 season was even better, as she won four gold medals this past season and took the overall World Cup title. After narrowly winning the World Cup title, Yarnold ran away with the gold medal in Sochi, finishing 0.97 seconds ahead of silver medalist Noelle Pikus-Pace
- 2014 Olympic Games - Gold
- 2013-14 World Cup standings - First
- 2012-13 World Cup standings - Fourth
- 2012 World Championships - Bronze
- 2012 World Junior Championships - Gold
Things to know:
1. Yarnold had initially hoped to qualify for the Olympics as a modern pentathlete.
2. In 2012 Yarnold blacked out during a training run on the Whistler course.
3. Yarnold said she found her first ride down a skeleton track to be "petrifying."