Arguably the most dominant snowboardcross rider in the business, Lindsey Jacobellis started racing at age 11 at a local event held at Stratton Mountain. Four years later, she was invited to compete in the X Games. With a silver medal at the 2006 Torino Olympics, 26 World Cup wins, nine X Games medals (seven of which are gold) and numerous podiums, it is clear why Jacobellis has a strong hold on women’s snowboardcross. She has been dominating the circuit for almost seven straight seasons. The 2012 season brought three consecutive World Cup wins to Jacobellis before a knee injury during X Games practice forced her to check out the action from the sidelines and even worse, miss gunning for a fifth straight gold. However, what makes Jacobellis' name so recognizable, besides for her blonde-to-brown tresses, is her infamous 2006 snowboard cross run in Torino that ended with her botching a trick that some criticized as showboating and unnecessary. She lost what seemed like an insurmountable lead and won silver instead of gold. In 2010, she did not reach the podium. The 28-year-old is returning from a torn left ACL and meniscus, first suffered in January 2012 during a training run for the X Games. She had to have a second surgery in December 2012 and missed the remaining 2012-2013 season.
- 2011 FIS World Championships - 1st
- 2011 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2010 Winter Olympics - 5th
- 2010 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2009 U.S. Grand Prix - 1st (overall)
- 2009 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2008 U.S. Grand Prix - 1st (overall)
- 2008 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2007 FIS World Championship - 1st
- 2007 Winter X Games - Silver
- 2006 Winter Olympics - Bronze
- 2005 U.S. Grand Prix - 1st (overall)
- 2005 FIS World Championships - 1st
- 2005 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2004 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2003 Winter X Games - Gold
Things To Know
- Owns a Yorkshire terrier/silky terrier named Gidget, after the teenage surfer of TV and movie fame.
- During her rehab, Jacobellis would make hats and jewelry for her friends and family.
- Jacobellis loves shoes and designing clothes. She helps design outerwear for CB clothing.