Sylvain Dufour is the 2013-14 World Cup champion in parallel slalom and will be a gold medal contender in Sochi in both Alpine snowboarding events.
Dufour competed at the 2010 Vancouver Games in parallel giant slalom, finishing 10th.
- 2013-14 World Cup, Carezza, Italy (PSL) - 1st
- 2013-14 World Cup, Sudelfeld, Germany (PGS) - 1st
- 2013-14 World Cup, Rogla, Slovenia (PGS) - 3rd
- 2013-14 World Cup, Bad Gastien, Austria #2 (PSL) - 5th
- 2013-14 World Cup, Bad Gastien, Austria #1 (PSL) - 9th
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics (PGS) - 10th
- 2009 FIS World Championships, Gangwon, Korea (PGS) - 2nd
- 2009 FIS World Championships, Gangwon, Korea (PSL) - 2nd
Things to know:
- Dufour began snowboarding at age eight.
- His hobbies include playing golf, motorbike riding and mountain biking.
- The nickname "Popeye" was once given to him by his friends.