The American teenager had a strong debut at the U.S. Championships in 2013, taking second place behind 2012 champion Ashley Wagner. A year later she skated away the winner, heading into the Olympics as the reigning U.S. champion. In 2013, Gold was a respectable sixth at the World Championships, capping her first full senior season, in which she earned one Grand Prix medal - a silver at the Rostelecom Cup in Moscow.
- 2014 Sochi Olympics - Fourth
- 2014 U.S. Championships - Gold
- 2013 Skate Canada - Bronze
- 2013 World Championships - Sixth
- 2013 U.S. Championships - Silver
- 2012 Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix - Silver
- 2012 World Junior Championships - Silver
Things to know:
1. Gracie has a twin sister, Carly, who is also a senior-level figure skater.
2. Gold switched coaches in September 2013 to begin working with longtime coach Frank Carroll, who had helped Michelle Kwan and Evan Lysacek to Olympic medals.
3. Feeling nervous? If Gracie is she juggles before skating to calm herself down.