Jamie Anderson has dominated snowboard slopestyle, having appeared at the top of the podium 47 times since 2004. Of the many medals Anderson has won, the 23-year-old South Lake Tahoe native has won three golds at Winter X Games (2012, 2008, 2007). Before focusing on slopestyle, Anderson also competed in snowboard cross and halfpipe. Anderson, who was homeschooled so she could focus on snowboarding, is deeply committed to environmentalism and sustainable living. Her extensive philanthropic work has included sponsoring the beginning snowboarding efforts of Tahoe children and coordinating a coat drive for the Live Violence Free women’s center in her hometown.
- 2012 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2012 Burton Canadian Open - Gold
- 2011 TTR World Tour - 1st (overall)
- 2011 Winter X Games - Bronze
- 2011 U.S. Grand Prix, Mammoth Mountain - Gold
- 2011 Burton New Zealand Open, Cardrona - Gold
- 2011 Dew Tour, Ogden - Silver
- 2011 Dew Tour, Killington - Gold
- 2010 Winter X Games - Silver
- 2010 Dew Tour, Breckenridge - Gold
- 2009 Dew Tour, Mount Snow - Gold
Things To Know
- Anderson's pre-competition routine includes hugging a tree
- She's the fifth of eight siblings (two boys and six girls).
- Growing up, Anderson's family lived near a golf course. She and her siblings would retrieve balls from the water traps and sell them to golfers.