The tallest player on the U.S. women's hockey team at 6-foot, Stecklein is primarily a stay-at-home defenseman who excels in shutting down her opponents. She plied this trade at the University of Minnesota in 2012-13 as a freshman, when she won an NCAA Division I national championship.
- IIHF World Championships: Won a gold medal in 2013.
- College Hockey: Registered three goals and nine assists--although she primarily played in a defensive role--in 41 games as a freshman with Minnesota in 2012-13, en route to winning a national championship.
- Four Nations Cup: Played for the U.S. team that finished third in 2013.
- IIHF U18 Women's World Championships: Won a gold medal in 2011 and a silver medal in 2012.
Things to know:
1. Her birthday, April 23, is the anniversary of both the birth and death of William Shakespeare.
2. Grew up in Roseville, Minn., which is the same town as actress Loni Anderson.
3. Also an accomplished lacrosse, tennis and soccer player.