Cho Hae-Ri is part of a deep South Korean women's short track lineup. She was in Vancouver and just missed winning a medal, finishing fourth in the 1000m and fifth in the 1500m, but has had some encouraging results since the 2010 Games. Cho finished first in the 1000m at the 2012 World Championships and first in the overall World Cup standings for the 1500m in the same season. This season, the South Korean skater helped the women's relay team on their way to a first place finish in the World Cup rankings.
- 2012 World Cup- finished first in the overall standings for the 1500m
- 2012 World Championships- finished first in the 1000m
- 2011 World Cup- finished third in the overall standings for the 1500m
- 2011 World Championships- finished third in the 1500m
- 2010 Olympic Games- finished fourth in the 1000m and fifth in the 1500m
Things to know:
1. Said that as a child, she would wear the speed skating skin suit to the supermarket and department store when she’d go shopping with her mom.
2. Used to attend Korea University in Seoul, made it halfway and then decided to focus on skating.
3. Favorite music is a mix of English and Korean pop.