Steira made her Olympic debut in 2006, unfortunately For Steira it was a tough outing. She finished in the top five in all four events she competed in at Torino but unfortunately never found her way on to the podium. However that changed at the Vancouver Games in 2010, when she helped Norway win a gold medal in the relay. Since then Steira has helped Norway win two more gold medals at the World Championships in the relay (2011, 2013). She finished sixth overall in 2012-2013 World Cup standings.
- 2013 World Championships - Gold (relay)
- 2011 World Championships - Gold (relay)
- 2010 Vancouver Games - Gold (relay)
- 2007 World Championship- Silver (mass start)
- 2005 World Championship - Gold (relay)
Things to know:
1. Currently dates Canadian cross-country skier Devon Kershaw.
2. Her parents are both teachers at the school that Steira attended as a child. She had her parents as teachers in some of her subjects.
3. Made her World Cup debut in 2001.