Liang Wenghao left Vancouver without a medal, but that hasn't slowed the 21-year-old Chinese short track speed skater. He had three first place finishes on the World Cup circuit during the 2012-2013 season and finished third overall in the 500m distance in the same season. Liang won the World Championships in the 500m in the same season. He finished sixth in the 1500m at the Vancouver Games but has improved his skating since then. He did, however, struggle during the 2013-2014 World Cup season and failed to finish in the top eight for the overall World Cup standings in any distance.
- 2013 World Cup- finished third in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2013 World Championships- finished first in the 500m
- 2012 World Cup- finished third in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2011 World Cup- finished third in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2011 World Championships- finished third in the 500m and 1000m
- 2010 Olympic Games- finished sixth in 1500m
Things to know:
1. His hero is Russian short track skater Viktor Ahn.
2. He began speed skating at age seven.
3. Had personal bests in the 500m and 1000m in 2013.