Olga Fatkulina finished in 20th place in the 500m and 1000m distances at the 2010 Olympics, but she's improved her results since then. She finished first in the World Single Distances Championships in the 1000m distance and third in the 500m distance last season. She also made three podiums in the World Cup in the same season. She won a medal to start the 2013-2014 World Cup. Fatkulina finished third in the 500m skate at the World Cup Salt Lake City. She set personal bests in the 500m, 1000m, and 1500m on the speedy ice in Salt Lake City, giving her one of the biggest weekends of her career. Fatkulina won silver in the 500m in Sochi.
- 2014 Olympic Games- finished second in the 500m
- 2013/14 World Cup Salt Lake City- third place finish in the 500m
- 2013 World Cup- fourth in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2013 World Single Distance Championships- first place in the 1000m and third in the 500m
- 2010 Olympic Games- finished in 20th place in the 500m and 1000m
Things to know:
1. Credited new skates with harder boots customized for her feet for her new found success.
2. Attended the Ural State University of Physical Culture: Russia.
3. Took up the sport at age nine because one of her coaches recommended that the energetic child do some sprints to use up her excess energy