After missing out on a medal in Vancouver, Swiss driver Beat Hefti (pronounced BAY-aht HEF-tee) will be going for his fourth Olympic medal in Sochi -- and first as a pilot. Hefti won bronze in the two-man as a push athlete in 2002 and 2006 but withdrew from the Vancouver competition after crashing on the track during a practice run.
- 2013 World Championships - Silver (two-man)
- 2011-12 World Cup - First
- 2010 Winter Olympics - Sixth (four-man)
- 2008-09 World Cup - First
- 2006 Winter Olympics - Bronze (two-man)
- 2006 Winter Olympics - Bronze (four-man)
- 2002 Winter Olympics - Bronze (two-man)
Things to know:
1. A traditionally strong bobsledding team, Switzerland has not won a gold medal in a bobsled event since Gustav Weder drove his two-man sled to victory in 1994.
2. In the off season, Hefti works as a carpenter.