Someone who makes his U.S. Open debut at the age of 12 is bound to go places and for Sage Kotsenburg, that place has been the podium. The winter of 2010 was truly a breakout season for Kotsenburg, who won a Dew Cup, took fifth at Winter X Games and notched a silver medal at Euro Winter X Games. The 2011 season was just as fast-paced, as he took bronze at Winter X Games in big air and a bronze at The Arctic Challenge. In 2012, Kotsenburg kept his momentum going, taking silver at Winter X Games and second at the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix in Mammoth. To top off the season, he was invited to the prestigious and unique Red Bull Supernatural event, which features man-made and natural features scattered throughout a backcountry venue. Kotsenburg saw two X Games invites in 2013 as well as a jump in his ranking on the World Snowboard Tour. He leaped up from 21st to an impressive 10th in the slopestyle world ranking.
- 2013 Euro Winter X Games - 5th
- 2012 U.S. Grand Prix, Mammoth Mountain, CA - 2nd
- 2012 Winter X Games - Silver
- 2011 Winter X Games - Bronze
- 2011 The Arctic Challenge, Oslo, Norway - 3rd
- 2010 Winter X Games - Silver
- 2010 Dew Tour, Mt. Snow, VT - 2nd
- 2010 Dew Tour, Breckenridge, CO - 2nd
- 2010 Dew Tour, Snowbasin, UT - 3rd
Things To Know:
1. Refers to himself now as #secondrunsage on Twitter after he bested his score on each second run at the 2013 Dew Tour in Breckenridge.
2. Started snowboarding at the age of five.
3. Sage kicked off the 2011 season by landing the world’s first competitive Cab 1440 Double Cork at the Billabong Air & Style.