Thomas Ulsrud is the skip of the Norwegian men's curling rink that is often more known for its 'colorful' pants, which it debuted at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Despite often receiving more attention for its clothing, Ulsrud's rink won a silver medal at the 2010 Olympics. Its other members are Torger Nergård, Christoffer Svae and Håvard Vad Petersson.
- Won a silver medal at the 2010 Olympics.
- Won gold medals in the European Championships in both 2010 and 2011 -- won silvers in 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2013; won bronzes in 2002 and 2009.
- Won bronze medals in the World Championships in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
Things to know:
1. He and his teammates once visited the King of Norway, delivering him a pair of their patented pants. The Queen received a miniskirt in a similar pattern.
2. Was once a resident of West Palm Beach, Florida.
3. Ulsrud, Svae and Vad Petersson all hail from the Norwegian capital of Oslo; however, Torger Nergård hails from Trondheim, which is located so far north in Norway that it nearly borders Russia.