Mazdzer grew up riding down the Lake Placid track for fun, and realized his dream by qualifying for the Vancouver Games, where he placed 13th. A three-time U.S. champion, Mazdzer was sixth at the World Championships in 2013 and then 12th at a World Cup event in Sochi, held on the same track the 2014 Games will use in February. He won the first two individual World Cup medals of his career this past season, taking silver in Whistler and Park City. In addition to the men's singles competition, Mazdzer will likely be part of the team relay competition in Sochi. He and his teammates won silver medals in Lake Placid during a February 2013 World Cup relay.
- 2013 Park City World Cup - Silver
- 2013 Whistler World Cup - Silver
- 2013 World Championships - Sixth
- 2010 Olympic Games - 13th
Things To Know
1. A seasoned hiker, Mazdzer had climbed the 46 peaks over 4,000 feet in the Adirondacks by the time he was 10 years old.
2. After being an avid video gamer, Mazdzer says he has not touched a video game in two years.
3. The most-played song on his iPod is "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.