Morgernstern made a memorable Olympic debut at the 2006 Torino Games. Morgernstern, who was 19 years old at the time, won two gold medals in Torino, one in the large hill and the other in the team event. Morgernstern helped Austria win gold again in the team event at the Vancouver Games. Team Austria also won gold at the 2013 World Championships. Morgernstern was hospitalized after a crash in Dec. 2013. He suffered facial lacerations. Morgenstern helped Austria to a silver medal in the team event at the Sochi Games.
- 2014 Sochi Games - Silver (team)
- 2013 World Championship - Gold (team)
- 2011 World Cup standings - First overall
- 2011 World Championship - Gold (team)
- 2010 Vancouver Games - Gold (team)
- 2009 World Championship - Gold (team)
- 2008 World Cup standings - First overall
- 2007 World Championships -Gold (team)
- 2006 Torino Games - Gold (team), Gold (large hill)
- 2005 World Championship - Gold (team)
Things to know:
1. He is a certified pilot
2. His nickname is "Morgi"
3. After the 2006 Torino Games, he returned back to his hometown of Spittal located in Southern Austria, where the town threw him a parade.