Arianna Fontana, a 23-year-old Italian short track speed skater, has won two bronze medals at the Olympics. One came in the 3000m relay in Torino at the age of 15 and the other in 500m race in Vancouver. Fontana finished third in the 500m at a World Cup event in Calgary during the 2012-2013 season and was also part of a 3000m relay team that placed third at a World Cup event in Sochi. She's been on the speed skating circuit for a while now yet is still very young. She finished third in the overall World Cup standings this year for the 500m, 1000m, and 3000m relay in the 2013-2014 season. Fontana had one of her best seasons after struggling a little over the past couple seasons. She won silver in the 500m and bronze in the 1500m in Sochi.
- 2014 Olympic Games- finished second in the 500m and third in the 1500m
- 2014 World Cup- third in the overall standings for the 500m, 1000m and 3000m relay
- 2012 World Cup- first in the overall standings for the 500m
- 2012 World Championships- second in the 500m
- 2011 World Championships- second in the 500m
- 2010 Olympic Games- bronze in the 500m
- 2006 Olympic Games- bronze in the 3000m relay
Things to know:
1. Her favorite distance is the 500m.
2. Started skating at four years old.
3. Enjoys listening to music, specifically Jennifer Lopez.