In 2010 Brown became the first skier at the Winter X Games to win two gold medals in one trip - big air and slopestyle - vaulting him to freeskiing poster boy status. That same year, Brown won the Junior World Championships slopestyle, topped the overall AFP rankings and snagged silver in the Euro X slopestyle, all before his 19th birthday. In 2011 he made the podium in the Winter X Games big air, won the Dew Tour slopestyle title, took the AFP World Champs slopestyle title and was the first skier to ever land a triple cork 1440. In the 2012 season, he mined more X Games gold in big air at Aspen and in slopestyle at Euro X, not to mention two podiums at Dew Tour. Brown saw ups and downs in the 2013 season. Having to battle through two separate broken ankle injuries, he still managed a solid fourth place finish at the opening U.S. Grand Prix at Copper as well as sixth in slopestyle and fourth in big air at X Games in Aspen. Brown is fully recovered and looking forward to finishing off a season of filming and training for Sochi 2014.
- 2013 U.S. Grand Prix, Copper Mountain - 4th
- 2012 Winter X Games Europe - Gold
- 2012 Dew Tour, Killington - 2nd
- 2012 Dew Tour, Snowbasin - 3rd
- 2012 AFP Rankings - 3rd
- 2011 AFP Rankings - 1st
- 2011 Dew Tour, Killington - 1st
- 2010 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2010 Dew Tour, Breckenridge - 2nd
- 2010 Dew Tour, Snowbasin - 3rd
- 2010 AFP Rankings - 1st
- 2008 Dew Tour, Breckenridge - 1st
Things To Know
1. Brown was originally inspired to start skiing when he saw Johnny Moseley ski at the Salt Lake City Games in 2002.
2. He first followed his father, a former professional tennis player, into tennis, and actually took an online tennis class in high school.
3. A huge Denver Broncos fan, Brown was sitting in the nosebleeds at Sports Authority Stadium, with his father, brother and girlfriend during the AFC Wild Card game against the Steelers. Tim Tebow threw the an 80-yard touchdown pass to win the game in overtime. Brown says, "It was one of the best nights of my life."
4. Before each run, Brown always taps his skis three times, them his helmet and then a piece of wood.
5. Has two tattoos. Along with his brother, one is a "DTH" inscribed on the inside of his wrist, which is a secret between the two of them. "He and I are the only ones that know the meaning. A little bond we share and it just helps to keep us focused and remember of what is important in this life." His second tattoo is a cartoonish image of Denver on his forearm.