Michigan is known for all things great, like their lakes and professional snowboarder Danny Davis. From out of nowhere, Danny burst onto the professional snowboard scene in 2004 and quickly solidified a reputation as the snowboarder to beat at every contest he enters.
Considered a triple threat competitor that snowboards to the beat of his own drum, he consistently stands on winner’s podiums in superpipe, quarterpipe and slopestyle events around the world. Danny combines explosive amplitude, technical finesse, and a skateboard-influenced style, continually dominating the contest circuit while still finding time to film insane movie segments or perform at commercial shoots for his sponsors.
In January of 2010 Davis sustained a serious back and pelvis injury following an intoxicated ride on an ATV in celebration of his 1st place finish at Dew Tour’s Snowbasin, UT stop. The injury resulted in surgery on his vertebrae, a plate and about ten screws into his shattered pelvis. This removed Davis from contention to compete the 2010 Vancouver Games where many had anticipated him to defeat Shaun White. Then, in 2012 Davis broke his femur and was forced to again pull out of snowboarding competitions.
Now, Davis is back, winning events and riding in his true form – full of style! Davis will be entering the Sochi Games fresh off a first place finish at X Games.
- 2014 X Games, Snowboard Superpipe, ASPEN, CO – 1st
- 2010 Winter Dew Tour Wendy's Invitational, SNOWBASIN, UT – 1st
- 2010 US Grand Prix of Snowboarding, MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN, CA – 1st
- 2009 Winter Dew Tour Totino's Open, BRECKENRIDGE, CO – 1st
- 2009 Burton European Open, LAAX, SUI – 1st
- 2009 Winter Dew Tour, MT. SNOW, VT – 4th
- 2008 Winter Dew Tour, BRECKENRIDGE, CO – 1st
- 2007 US Open of Snowboarding (Halfpipe), STRATTON, VT – 2nd
- 2007 World Superpipe Championship, PARK CITY, UT – 2nd
- 2007 Nippon Open (Halfpipe), FUKUSHIMA, JPN – 2nd
- 2007 Nippon Open (Rail Jam), FUKUSHIMA, JPN – 1st
- 2006 U.S. GRAND PRIX (Halfpipe), BRECKENRIDGE, CO – 1st
- 2006 PAUL MITCHELL PROGRESSION SESSION (Quarterpipe), BRECKENRIDGE, CO – 3rd
- 2006 BURTON NEW ZEALAND OPEN (Superpipe), WANAKA, NZ – 3rd
- 2006 US OPEN (Superpipe), STRATTON, VT – 2nd
- 2006 US OPEN (Quarterpipe), STRATTON, VT – 1st
- 2006 NIPPON OPEN (Superpipe), BANDAI, JPN – 1st
- 2005 CHEVY GRAND PRIX 12-17 (Halfpipe), BRECKENRIDGE, CO – 3rd
- 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN (Slopestyle), PERISHER BLUES, AUS – 2nd
- 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN (Halfpipe) PERISHER BLUES, AUS – 2nd
- 2005 MIDDLE EARTH SUPERPIPE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Halfpipe), SNOW PARK, NZ – 2nd
- 2005 NZ OPEN (Slopestyle), WANAKA, NZ – 2nd
- 2005 GRAVITY GAMES (Halfpipe), COPPER MOUNTAIN, CO – 2nd
Things to know:
- If Danny is active on his snowboard he is active doing one of the following; camping, skateboarding, playing music, surfing, fishing and simply living.
- Danny’s favorite quote: "I have this one little saying, when things get too heavy call me helium, the lightest known gas to man"-jimi hendrix
- Danny is a member of the FRENDS crew (purposely spelled without an “I” to drive home the group aspect) that started as a group of buddies that all had the same agenda, to have fun, while steering away from the industries competitive and business sides.