A Sergeant in the National Guard, Nick Cunningham is expected to be the pilot for the USA-2 two-man sled in Sochi. Cunningham is in the midst of his third season competing as a driver, after having been a brakeman during the Vancouver Olympics (placing 12th in the two-man event). After failing to win any medals in any World Cup two-man events the past two seasons, Cunningham has already won three this season (through December).
- 2013 Lake Placid World Cup - Silver (two-man)
- 2013 Lake Placid World Cup - Bronze (two-man)
- 2013 Calgary World Cup - Bronze (two-man)
- 2012 Lake Placid World Cup - Bronze (four-man)
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics - 12th (two-man)
Things to know:
1. Along with teammate Chris Fogt, Cunningham is a member of the Army's World Class Athlete Program.
2. Cunningham served as the captain for the Boise State track and field team (he graduated in 2008).
3. His favorite sports include track, surfing and rodeo.