Having made her Olympics debut as an 18-year-old in Torino, Gough is expected to be a medal contender in Sochi. German sliders have won the last four women's luge gold medals, but Gough has already broken one German streak: In 2011 she became the first non-German to win a World Cup women's race since 1997. She medalled in six of the nine World Cup races during the 2013-14 season.
- 2013 World Championships - Bronze
- 2012 World Championships - Fourth
- 2011 World Championships - Bronze
- 2011 Paramonovo World Cup - Gold
- 2010 Olympic Games - 18th
- 2006 Olympic Games - 20th
Things To Know:
1. Gough's 2011 Paramonovo World Cup win meant that she had become the first Canadian to have ever won a gold medal at a luge World Cup event.
2. Gough attended high school at the National Sport School in Calgary.