With seven X Games gold medals Nate Holland has enough precious metal to gild his driveway by now. Born and raised in northern Idaho, Holland developed a taste for adventure at a young age that has carried him throughout his career. A snowboardcross specialist, Nate defines the sports chaotic style by going all-out in every race. The 2012 winter was no different for Holland, earning his seventh X Games gold, and two World Cup podiums before bowing out with a broken shoulder blade. Despite all of his accomplishments, Holland is still chasing his close friend Seth Wescott for Olympic gold. In his quest to qualify for Sochi, Holland broke his collarbone during a training run in Montafon, Austria.
- 2012 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2012 World Cup overall standings - 3rd
- 2010 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2010 Olympics, Vancouver - 4th
- 2009 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2008 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2007 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2006 Winter X Games - Gold
- 2006 Olympics, Torino - 14th
Things To Know:
- Nate's brother Pat, is also a professional boarder crosser.
- Together they own Action Water Sports in Sandpoint, Idaho. This seasonal company rents kayaks, boats, paddleboards and jet skis.
- In 2013, Nate helped launch an eco-friendly board wax called Green Ice.