Along with partner Anna Cappellini, the ice dancing duo has won three straight Italian national titles leading into the Sochi Games. They have never won a World Championships medal, though registered their highest finish ever at fourth in 2013. That was coupled with their first-ever European Championships medal the same year, a bronze. Cappellini/Lanotte won two silvers during the Grand Prix season behind Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White, finishing sixth at the Grand Prix Final. They won their first-ever European Championships gold in January.
- 2014 European Championships - Gold
- 2012-2014 Italian National Championships - Gold
- 2013 World Championships - Fourth
- 2013 European Championships - Bronze
- 2012 World Championships - Sixth
- 2012 European Championships - Fourth
- 2010 Vancouver Games - 12th
Things to know:
1. "Lanotte" means "the light" in Italian.
2. Luca began skating at age seven and switched to ice dancing after his sister - a synchronized skater - encouraged him to do so.
3. Cappellini and Lanotte were paired up with one another by the Italian federation in 2005 after they had dated one another and fought for much of the first six months of their partnership.