- Ski Jumping
Ten facts about the U.S. women's ski jumping team
Women's ski jumping will be featured for the first time at the Sochi Games this winter. Here are some of the Americans who hope to be competing this February.
Embedded owg_slideshow: Model Olympian: Sarah Hendrickson
2. Lindsey Van and Jessica Jerome were plaintiffs in lawsuit filled against the Vancouver Organizing Committee. They were trying to add women’s ski jumping to the Olympic program. They lost the case but women’s ski jumping was added to the Olympic program in Sochi.
3. Lindsey Van and Sarah Hendrickson talk about the thrills and chills of ski jumping here:
Embedded video_content_type: The thrills and chills of ski jumping
4. Lindsey Van won the inaugural ski jumping World Championship in 2009.
Embedded owg_slideshow: Model Olympian: Lindsey Van
5. Jessica Jerome and Lindsey Van have a bit of a cat obsession.
Here is Van with her cat:
Here is Van's new kitten napping on her skis:
Here is Jerome holding up her cat while wearing a cat shirt:
Jerome even likes stray cats:
7. Sarah Hendrickson gives her fans updates on her rehab
Hendrickson also shares photos of her rehab and her journey back to competition:
8. Abby Hughes is on the rise, finishing in the top-25 on 12 separate occasions in the 2012-2013 World Cup season. Finishing 21st overall in the World Cup standings.
9. Lindsey Van joined the bone marrow donation list and here is why:
Embedded video_content_type: Lindsey Van tackles all obstacles in her way
Embedded owg_slideshow: Through the lens: U.S. women's ski jumping
Best of Sochi