Emily Scott has been a member of the United States women's short track relay team for a few years now. Scott helped the relay team to a third place finish in the overall World Cup standings in 2011 and a second place finish in 2012. Scott and the relay team finished eighth in 2013 and ninth in 2014 in the overall World Cup standings. Scott's individual results haven't been as impressive as her performance with the relay team, and she has yet to win an individual World Cup medal in her career, but she qualified for the individual skates in Sochi. Scott finished second in the 500m, 1000m and 1500m at Olympic Trials, securing her spot on the Olympic team. The United States women failed to qualify a relay team for the 2014 Olympics.
- 2014 Olympic Trials- finished second in the 500m, 1000m and 1500m
- 2012 World Cup- second in the overall standings for the 3000m relay
- 2011 World Cup- third in the overall standings for the 3000m relay
Things to know:
1. Scott transitioned from inline to ice in 2008.
2. Scott puts her left skate on first as a superstition.
3. She's a five-time inline skating world champion.