Teaming up in the spring of 2011, Bates and ice dancing partner Madison Chock were fifth at the U.S. Championships before moving up to second in both 2013 and this past year, 2014. They were both Junior World Championships winners, but with different partners: Bates in 2007 and Chock in 2009. After placing seventh at the 2013 World Championships, the duo had its most complete season leading into the Sochi Olympics, winning bronze at two Grand Prix events and silver at a Senior B stop. Bates was an Olympian in 2010, placing 11th with Emily Samuelson in Vancouver.
- 2014 Sochi Olympics - Eighth
- 2014 U.S. Championships - Silver
- 2013 World Championships - Seventh
- 2013 Four Continents Championships - Bronze
- 2013 U.S. Championships - Silver
- 2012 U.S. Championships - Fifth
- 2010 Vancouver Games - 11th (with Emily Samuelson)
Things to know:
1. An avid skier growing up, Evan also played soccer, basketball, golf and ran cross-country.
2. Madison has designed her and Evan's costumes this season.
3. Evan formerly lived with fellow ice dancer Charlie White, who attended the University of Michigan with him.