USRowing announced Friday the 30 athletes it has selected to represent the United States in the men's and women's eight (8+), four (4-) and women's quadruple sculls (4x) at the Tokyo Olympics this summer. Seven are returning Olympians with three Olympic gold medals amongst them.
Coxswain Katelin Guregian and and Meghan Musnicki return to the three-time defending Olympic champion women's eight team — Guregian for a second straight time and Musnicki for a third.
Other Olympic returnees: Austin Hack in the men's eight (fourth in Rio); Ellen Tomek and Meghan O'Leary, previously double scullers, in the women's quad (fifth in Rio); Anders Weiss, previously a pair rower, in the men's four (seventh in Rio); and Grace Luczak, also previously a pair rower, in the women's four (making its Olympic program debut).
The U.S. is sending nine boats total to Tokyo. The five boats named Friday join three women's boats — single sculls (1x), double sculls (2x) and lightweight double sculls (L2x) — selected earlier this year through the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
The women's pair (2-) will be selected this weekend at the third phase of Trials in West Windsor, New Jersey, and be followed by the entire roster with coaches and staff on Tuesday, June 8.
Men's Four (4-)
- Clark Dean (Sarasota, Fla./Harvard University)
- Michael Grady (Pittsburgh, Pa./Cornell University)
- Andrew Reed (Wayland, Mass./Harvard University)
- Anders Weiss (Barrington, R.I./Brown University)
Women's Eight (8+)
- Charlotte Buck (Nyack, N.Y./Columbia University)
- Olivia Coffey (Watkins Glen, N.Y./Harvard University)
- Gia Doonan (Rochester, Mass./University of Texas)
- Katelin Guregian (Detroit, Mich./University of Washington)
- Brooke Mooney (Peru, Vt./University of Washington)
- Meghan Musnicki (Naples, N.Y./Ithaca College)
- Kristine O'Brien (Massapequa Park, N.Y./University of Virginia)
- Regina Salmons (Methuen, Mass./University of Pennsylvania)
- Jessica Thoennes (Highlands Ranch, Colo./University of Washington)
Women's Four (4-)
- Kendall Chase (Evergreen, Colo./University of California, Berkeley)
- Claire Collins (McLean, Va./Princeton University)
- Grace Luczak (Ann Arbor, Mich./Stanford University)
- Madeleine Wanamaker (Neenah, Wis./University of Wisconsin)
Men's Eight (8+)
- Justin Best (Kennett Square, Pa./Drexel University)
- Liam Corrigan (Old Lyme, Conn./Harvard University)
- Ben Davison (Inverness, Fla./University of Washington)
- Austin Hack (Old Lyme, Conn./Stanford University)
- Conor Harrity (Weston, Mass./Harvard University)
- Nick Mead (Strafford, Pa./Princeton University)
- Alex Miklasevich (Pittsburgh, Pa./Brown University)
- Alexander Richards (Watertown, Mass./Harvard University)
- Julian Venonsky (Malvern, Pa./University of California, Berkeley)
Women's Quadruple Sculls (4x)
- Cicely Madden (Weston, Mass./Brown University)
- Meghan O'Leary (Baton Rouge, La./University of Virginia)
- Alie Rusher (Glenview, Ill./Stanford University)
- Ellen Tomek (Flushing, Mich./University of Michigan)